Sales Engineer (Account Manager) - CT, NY, NJ
JOB SUMMARY: The Sales Engineer’s is responsible for the business development of CE Power’s products and services in a defined territory and to specific accounts, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To be successful an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Solicits sales of company products and services to Purchasing, Maintenance and Engineering Departments of customers in a defined territory. Perform territory and campaign management accordingly.
- Spends a minimum of fifteen (15) hours per week in the presence of current and prospective clients.
- Generates designated number of qualified quotes per week.
- Establish and achieve sales targets in terms of dollars sold and new customers.
- Follow the best practices of the selling process and the CRM system.
- Prepare and present forecast potential monthly.
- Use and maintain the CRM data concerning leads, targets, accounts, contacts, and opportunities on all clients and prospective clients.
- Ensures schedules and appointments are kept accurately in CRM properly reflecting time spent with customers and quote activities.
- Use Task assignments in CRM to ensure proper follow up with clients.
- Ensures customer/project information is gathered for accurate timely quotes.
- Assists inside personnel in the development of presentations and quotations.
- Schedules and coordinates joint sales appointments with manufacturers.
- Actively seeks out customer feedback and facilitates a better understanding of customer needs and communicates internally.
- Develops key account contacts, researches customer needs and creates high value solutions in an effort to establish long term, ongoing relationships and referral streams for new business development opportunities and to ensure a high percentage of sales closures.
- Create timely reports to include sales activity, quotation activity, trip reports, and expense reports.
- Travels outside of the office at times requiring overnight stays of four to six nights per month.
PERFORMANCE FACTORS: The performance factors described here are core abilities that translate into desired on-the-job behaviors which contribute to the employee successfully carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Adaptability: Shows resilience in the face of changing circumstances and shifting priorities; works well under stress and pressure and is not easily discouraged. Does not become defensive when receiving feedback from others, but instead uses feedback as a tool to do a better job.
- Acumen: Deals effectively with organizational politics and builds alliances with people at all organizational levels. Able to judge which goals are worth fighting for and when it’s best compromise; anticipates the reactions and positions of others accurately; involves the right people at the right time.
- Customer Satisfaction: Builds productive relationships with customers in order to build customer loyalty and business success; identifies or anticipates customer needs. Keeps commitments to customers and regularly sets standards that exceed their expectations. Encourages and uses customer feedback to improve services
- Planning & Scheduling: Develops effective systems, processes, and procedures in order to achieve selling objectives. Looks at reporting relationships and distribution of responsibilities and makes changes as necessary; analyzes work flow and tasks performed to eliminate bottlenecks, duplication, and improve efficiency. Is sensitive to resource and time constraints; gives proper attention to both day-today activities and longer range plans.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others in order to achieve meaningful results and maintains positive working relationships. Actively participates in solving problems, making decisions, completing tasks, and accomplishing goals.
- Spoken Communications: Effectively present ideas and information to individuals of varying educational, cultural, and experience levels; modifies communication style in order to minimize the possibility of being misinterpreted.
- Activity: Daily sales behavioral activity of procuring appointments, follow up quotations, planning and subsequent one-two weeks out scheduling.
- Experience: Incumbent will possess a minimum of two years sales experience and/or a BSEE. Previous experience with electrical industry including electrical services, switchgear, motors, utility market, or construction is a plus.
- Reasoning Development: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Language Development: Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English. Properly construct written proposals.
- Software Competency: Ability to use CRM, SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word proficiently.
- Education: Bachelor degree from an accredited university preferred.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by