Careers At CE Power
CE Power is currently seeking honest, energetic, self-motivated individuals who are interested in joining our team and helping us implement our growth strategy moving forward. With a focus on safety and honesty, CE Power is committed to attracting high quality individuals and providing them the training and resources to fuel their growth as individuals and employees. Our work environment is fast-paced and provides opportunities for growth and advancement. CE Power is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer - MI
||Design Engineering |
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for overseeing switchgear projects from start to finish ensuring compliance with Company standard practices and procedures for all projects. Responsibilities include reviewing job specifications and changes, developing the design for the application, assisting with the execution of the job and working with project management to coordinate needed equipment and laborers needed for projects. Additional responsibilities include providing both technical and sales support as needed to others inside the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives job orders with specifications, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Reviews job specifications and instructions covering project scope and other work to be performed. Briefs all project management and support personnel on the project's scope and ensures specifications are understood.
- Develops engineering design of solution based on customer specification
- Lead teams and provide mentorship to other engineers and team members
- Perform power system studies
- Develops Bills of Material and Material Requisitions for the purchasing of job materials.
- Develops and maintains project schedules with the Project Manager.
- May serve as contact for customers regarding job related questions and concerns.
- Coordinates inter-company job related activities regarding obtaining job specific equipment and laborer’s needed with the Project Manager and Operations Managers.
- Coordinate commissioning activities with field operations team for specified projects
- Conducts walkthroughs of job sites to discuss scope of work and/or any revisions based on customer requests or field conditions.
- Supervises installation of equipment.
- Proficiency with DC control schematics and AC-3-line schematics.
- Proficiency with metering configurations.
- Provides training to customers on the newly installed equipment.
- Collaborate with design engineering regarding parts for both mechanical and electrical design.
- Supports AutoCAD drawings through creation, editing or providing instruction to CAD support personnel within the Company.
- Provides technical support for large job quotes.
- Provides support to the sales department by assisting with walk through, reviewing information and locations.
- Answers questions and provides support to Operations Managers in CE Power’s other locations
- Participates in weekly Production Meetings
- Experience: 5-7 years design engineering on primary power distribution systems and related protection and control schemes. Experience with AutoCAD, MS Project, and MS Office. Switchgear experience; installation, testing and switchgear test equipment. The ability to design switchgear and components, and develop a Bill of Materials are required. Switchgear upgrade experience (retrofill, retrofit, conversion) including motor control centers and circuit breakers 600V through 35kV is preferred. Bus repair and modification, and emergency disaster recovery experience are preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, projects and supervising others
- Proficiency in performing power system modeling
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Mathematical Development: Ability to add, subtract, and divide all units of measure.
- Language Development: Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, ME or EE required or EET with a high level of switchgear field experience. Prefer study emphasis in power or equivalent work experience
- Licensure: PE or desire to obtain PE preferred
Applicant Tracking System Powered by